To make your Valentines Love Hearts – You will need
60g/2oz caster sugar
185g/6oz plain flour
½ tsp ground ginger
125g/4oz best dark chocolate
125g/4oz white chocolate
COOKING ON YOUR ELECTRICKIT AGA COOKER – USE THIS RECIPE FOR ALL AGA COOKERS AND CONVENTIONAL COOKERS
Using your digital display on your ElectricKit Aga set your oven on 190 degrees.
Cook on the second set of runners down from the top, place the cold plain shelf beneath your Valentine Love Hearts to achieve the perfect bake
- Put the chocolates into separate bowls on to the back of the AGA to melt
- Soften the butter…again leave on the AGA for a while
- Beat together the butter and sugar and then stir in the flour and ginger until it forms a smooth paste
- Flour your work surface and gently roll out the paste until ½ cm thick (you can make them thicker if you want less biscuits and more chunky…bake them a little longer in this case)
- Using a heart shaped cutter cut out as many biscuits as you can, reform and roll out again until you have used all paste
- On a large baking sheet covered in bake-o-glide place your Valentines Love Hearts and bake in the baking oven for 12- 15 minutes. ( for conventional 2 oven Agas, set on the lowest set of runners with cold plain shelf above.) Conventional oven 190C until pale golden brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely
- Clean bake-o-glide and re use it on the baking tray…this time it needs to go in the fridge
- Dip the bottom half of cooled biscuits in the melted dark chocolate and lay flat on the bake-o-glide. Pop into fridge and leave until set hard.
- Repeat the process with the melted white chocolate…you could do two separate halves or overlapping…experiment and have fun.
- Wrap up with tender love and give to your beloved (or eat the lot yourself in front of a soppy film.)