Peanut butter and banana breakfast bar
You will need:-
4 very ripe bananas
340g crunchy peanut butter
75ml runny honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g organic rolled oats
110g chopped nuts and seeds mixed (or just sliced almonds if you prefer…substitute your favourite option in here to tailor it to you)
What to do next
ElectricKit oven – set to 170 degrees
- Using a hand or stand mixer mix the bananas, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla essence together until smooth.
- Tip in the oats, seeds and nuts and mix until combined.
- Line a half size roasting tin with bake-o-glide and tip the mixture into the tin smoothing it out with a spatula.
- Place on the second set of runners from the top in your baking oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Set your cold plain shelf beneath (remove for the last 10 minutes)
- Allow the bake to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- These bars will freeze for up to 6 months or keep in wrap (bees waxed wrap is readily available now and is brilliant for this) and store in an airtight container for a week.
- Healthy Breakfast on the go!
If you are in need of a little extra help with cooking on your AGA – Elley will come to your home to give you one to one cooking lessons – please phone 01544 350382 for details