Lemon Roulade – ElectricKit Aga
Serves 6 (or 1 ½ menopausal women)
5 free range eggs
150g caster sugar
1 un-waxed lemon
55g ground almonds
55g self-raising flour
300ml double cream
2 large table spoons of lemon curd (see Twyford Cookers website for recipe)
Icing sugar to finish
- Line a large roasting tin with Bake-O-Glide.
- Separate the eggs.
- Grate the rind from the lemon and squeeze the juice
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy and then whisk in the grated lemon rind and juice.
- Fold in the Almonds and flour into the mixture and then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into the tin, evenly spread and place in your ElectricKit Aga oven on the second set of runners down from the top with the cold plain shelf below for about 20 minutes.
- Take the cake from the oven and turn it out onto a clean tea towel. Carefully peel off the bake-o-glide and gently roll the roulade in the tea towel and leave to cool completely.
- When the roulade has cooled whip up the cream. Unroll the roulade carefully and spread over the lemon curd then add a layer of whipped cream. Re-roll and chill for an hour before serving.
- Decorate as you wish and dust with icing sugar.