Healthy Granola on your ElectricKit Aga
To make Granola You will need:-
2 tsp sunflower oil
125ml maple syrup
2 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g rolled oats
50g sunflower seeds
4 tbsp sesame seed
50g pumpkin seeds
100g flaked almond
80g dried prunes, chopped
50g desiccated coconut
This is such a healthy dish to eat in the morning, and homemade is even better. The combination of oats, seeds and fruit bring about a glorious balance to start your day. In this dish we have protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamin C and healthy oils. Sugar is kept to a minimum and is presented in the form of dried fruit.
How to make Healthy Granola on your ElectricKit Aga
- Using your digital temperature gauge dial 150 degrees in your Roasting Oven.
- Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Keeping the dried fruit and coconut aside tip in all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use 2 large baking sheets lined with Bake-O-Glide and tip the granola equally onto the sheets.
- Place your baking tray on the second set of runners down from the top with the cold plain shelf beneath your bake
- Bake for about 20 minutes but keep checking as you may need more
- Remove from the oven and add the dried fruit and coconut and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Serve with milk, nut milks or yogurt. This will keep well in an airtight container for up to a month.