You will need:-
o 175g/6oz plain chocolate (at least 70 percent cocoa solids)
o 175g/6oz organic salted butter
o 3 large free-range eggs
o 225g/8oz caster sugar
o ½ tsp vanilla extract
o 115g/4oz self-raising flour
o 50g/2oz chopped hazelnuts
o 50g/2oz dried cranberries
How to make:-
1. If not using an Aga, preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
2. If using an Aga, first, line the small roasting tin with Bake-o-Glide.
3. Put chocolate and butter in a bowl on the back of the Aga to melt gently.
4. Mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla and stir into the chocolate and butter when melted.
5. Then beat in the flour and add nuts and cranberries.
6. Pour into lined tin and bake on the grid shelf on the floor of the baking oven for 20-22 minutes – three/four/five-oven Aga.
In a two-oven Aga, place the half-sized roasting tin inside the large roasting tin (high sides) and hang from the lowest set of runners in the Roasting oven. Slide in
the Cold Plain Shelf on the second set of runners above. Bake for 18-20 minutes until just set. Or, if using a conventional oven, bake on the middle shelf for 20-22 minutes.
7. Leave the brownies until they are cold in the tin before turning out and cutting into squares.
8. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
Do you need a re-fresher course, confidence and a brush up – Elley will give one to one tuition in your home on your own AGA – call 01544 350382 for details