230g carrots, grated
350g self- raising flour
200g caster sugar
50g chopped walnuts
½ tsp vanilla essence
6 free range eggs, beaten
3 tsps cinnamon
2 bulbs of ginger from a jar (in syrup)
340ml sunflower oil
1 tsp baking powder
175g cream cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
225g icing sugar
If not using an Aga then preheat your oven to 170C.
- This is such a simple cake to make!
- Bung everything into a stand mixer and mix it all together
- Line a 23cm/9in cake tin with bake-o-glide or baking parchment and pour in the mixture
- Grid shelf on the base of the baking oven (3/4/5 oven Agas) place the tin on top
- Grid shelf on floor of the roasting oven with cold plain shelf on the second set of runners above. Place cake tin inside an empty large roasting tin on top of grid shelf (2 oven Aga)
- Bake for 1 hour and leave for 10 minutes to cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- When the cake is cool, mix the icing sugar into the cream cheese and lemon juice and spread over the top of cake.