You will need:-
125g butter, softened (place at the back of Aga in a bowl or leave somewhere warm for a while)
1 tsp rosewater
2 large free range eggs
200g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
50g chopped pistachios
- Place all ingredients into a stand mixer and whisk until cake mixture is fully combined and looking like…cake mixture!
- Divide into 12 cup cake cases
- Aga’s: New generation and 3 or 4 oven Aga’s use the baking oven and place on grid shelf on the 3rd set of runners. If you have a 2 oven Aga then place your muffin tray inside a large roasting tin and hang this on the lowest set of runners in your roasting oven and place your cold plain shelf (cold being the operative word) on the second set of runners above.
- Bake for 18-20 mins in a preheated oven at 180C/160C fan
Well now…I cheated because of time constraints for the photo shoot and I bought packet icing and rolled it out and cut out little hearts etc… however it would be very nice to pipe them with butter cream and glitz them up with edible glitter or actual flowers/ or Turkish delight/ dark cherry chocolate…endless options! And in view of that here is my buttercream recipe for these:
- 125g butter, softened on the back of the aga…but not melted entirely so don’t walk off and fold the ironing in another room or walk the dogs!
- 200g sifted icing sugar
- 1 tsp rose water
- 2 tbsp milk
Decorate to your own taste – lovely little cup cakes for romantic trysts
If you feel you need some extra AGA cooking tuition, Elley will come to your home and show you how on your own AGA – call 01544350382 for details
find us on facebook, twitter and instagram