You will need:-
4 very ripe bananas
340g crunchy peanut butter
75ml runny honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g organic rolled oats
110g chopped nuts and seeds mixed (or just sliced almonds if you prefer…substitute your favourite option in here to tailor it to you)
Method: (if not using an Aga preheat oven to 170C)
- Using a hand or stand mixerm mix the bananas, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla essence together until smooth.
- Tip in the oats, seeds and nuts and mix until combined.
- Line a half size roasting tin with bake-o-glide and tip the mixture into the tin smoothing it out with a spatula.
- Place on the lowest set of runners in your baking oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- 2 oven AGA: hang your largest roasting tin on the bottom set of runners in the roasting oven. Place the half size roasting tin inside this roasting tray. Place the cold plain shelf on the second set of runners above. Check after 20 mins and move to the top set of runners in the simmering oven for the last 10-15 mins cooking time.
- Allow the bake to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- These bars will freeze for up to 6 months or keep in wrap (beeswaxed wrap is readily available now and is brilliant for this) and store in an airtight container for a week.
- Healthy Breakfast on the go!
If you are in need of a little extra help with cooking on your AGA – Elley will come to your home to give you one to one cooking lessons – please phone 01544 350382 for details