Delicious, quick and easy savoury tart
1 tbsp organic, extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
2 medium leeks, washed and sliced
2 tbsps chopped thyme leaves
Zest of 2 unwaxed lemons and the juice of one lemon
375g pack of ready rolled puff pastry
200g soft goats cheese
280g jar grilled pepper anti pasti
280g jar sundried tomato anti pasti
Chopped parsley to serve (and show off)
- If you are not using an Aga then pre- heat your oven to 220C/ 200C fan/ gas 7
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a full sized baking sheet lined with bake-o-glide
- Lightly mark a 1 cm border around the edges with the tip of a sharp knife… don’t cut all the way through. Then prick the base all over with a fork
- Using a large bottomed frying pan or sauté pan heat the olive oil on the boiling plate (high heat) and then add the butter. Once it is sizzling add the leaks and move to the simmering plate (reduce the heat) and cook until softened but not browned.
- Stir in the thyme, half the lemon zest and pop back over to the boiling plate (increase the heat). Add the lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds or so to reduce the lemon juice.
- Season well and remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drain the jars of anti pasti but keep the oil in another container in the fridge (waste not, want not)
- Spread the leeks over the puff pastry base but within the border you have created. Scatter the peppers and sundried tomatoes on top of the leeks. Crumble over the cheese and lightly drizzle with olive oil remembering to brush the border lightly with oil as well.
- Place the tart in the roasting oven on the 3rd set of runners for about 15-20 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and the edges are golden brown.
- Scatter with parsley and the remaining lemon zest.
- Serve hot, cold or warm and with your guests wine!
For struggling AGA cooks, Elley will give one to one sessions in your own home – phone 01544 350382 for details