it’s just they didn’t realise there could be savoury ones as well.
Ingredients (this will make about 10 muffins)
Knob of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 small or 1 large courgette, cut into small cubes
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp fresh oregano , chopped finely
1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped finely
3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
100 ml milk
5 tbsp sunflower oil
2 red peppers, diced
100g cheddar cheese, grated
100g brie or camembert
- If you are not using an Aga pre-heat your oven to 170C (fan)/ 190C /gas 5
- Place paper muffin cases in your muffin tray.
- Melt the butter in in a pan on the simmering plate and cook the courgettes for about 5 mins to soften.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, chopped herbs and seasoning together in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the beaten eggs, milk and oil. Mixing all the time with a wooden spoon or whisk and drawing all the flour into the centre. Beat until a smooth batter is formed.
- Add the courgettes, peppers, 2/3 of the cheddar and all of the soft cheese to your mixture and continue to stir well until suitably combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the 10 muffin cases and sprinkle over the final 1/3 of cheddar cheese.
- Place a grid shelf on the lowest set of runners in your baking oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and firm to touch.
- 2 oven Aga instructions: Hang a large roasting tin from the lowest set of runners in your roasting oven, place the muffin tray inside the roasting tin and set the cold plain shelf on the second set of runners above. Bake for 20 minutes and then check.
- Best served warm or at room temp.
- If you are new to AGA cooking and wish to gain some knowledge and confidence please call 01544 350382 for details of our one to one cooking demonstrations in your own home