Cheesy beer bread – Every January my beloved mother used to promise to bake all of our bread for our packed lunches that year.This memory has put me off baking bread rather… that is until I stumbled across the basis for this very simple and tasty recipe. So easy and rather irritatingly for my Mother…my kids love it!
450 g/1lbs Self Raising flour, sifted
100g/3 ½ oz Caster Sugar115g/4oz grated Cheddar Cheese
115g/4oz salted butter, melted
340ml/12 fl oz of Irish Stout
- AGA: Use the baking oven if you have one or bottom set of runners in the roasting oven with cold plain shelf above (half way through baking take cold plain shelf out – now very hot- and swap for a second cold shelf or run it under cold tap to cool it and replace in the oven.
- Pre heat conventional oven to 190c
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl and add the beer, bringing together to form a sticky dough
- Pour into a greased loaf tin
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture
- Bake for 1 hour, remove from pan and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes
It’s as easy as that!
Struggling Aga cooks can phone 01544 350382 for one to one sessions with Elley in your home – phone 01544 350382 for details