60g/2oz caster sugar
185g/6oz plain flour
½ tsp ground ginger
125g/4oz best dark chocolate
125g/4oz white chocolate
- Put the chocolates into separate bowls on to the back of the AGA to melt
- Soften the butter…again leave on the AGA for a while
- Beat together the butter and sugar and then stir in the flour and ginger until it forms a smooth paste
- Flour your work surface and gently roll out the paste until ½ cm thick (you can make them thicker if you want less biscuits and more chunky…bake them a little longer in this case)
- Using a heart shaped cutter cut out as many biscuits as you can, reform and roll out again until you have used all paste
- On a large baking sheet covered in bake-o-glide place your hearts and bake in the baking oven for 12- 15 minutes. 2 oven Aga on the lowest set of runners with cold plain shelf above. Conventional oven 190C until pale golden brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely
- Clean bake-o-glide and re use it on the baking tray…this time it needs to go in the fridge
- Dip the bottom half of cooled biscuits in the melted dark chocolate and lay flat on the bake-o-glide. Pop into fridge and leave until set hard.
- Repeat the process with the melted white chocolate…you could do two separate halves or overlapping…experiment and have fun.
- Wrap up with tender love and give to your beloved (or eat the lot yourself in front of a soppy film.)