Gorgeous Granola – You will need:-
2 tsp sunflower oil
125ml maple syrup
2 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g rolled oats
50g sunflower seeds
4 tbsp sesame seed
50g pumpkin seeds
100g flaked almond
80g dried prunes, chopped
50g desiccated coconut
- If not using an Aga pre heat the oven to 150C / gas 2
- Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Keeping the dried fruit and coconut aside tip in all the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Use 2 large baking sheets lined with Bake-O-Glide and tip the granola equally onto the sheets.
- Place low down in the baking oven with cold plain shelf on the second set of runners above for about 15 mins.
- (For 2 oven Aga: pre heat your baking tins in the roasting oven before tipping the granola onto the sheets then place high up in the simmering oven and extend the time in the oven by about 5- 10 minutes.)
- Remove from the oven and add the dried fruit and coconut and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Serve with milk, nut milks or yogurt. This will keep well in an airtight container for up to a month.